button to main menu   Old Cumbria Gazetteer
placename:- All Saints Church
other name:- Lupton Church
locality:- Lupton
parish Lupton parish, once in Westmorland
county:- Cumbria
church
coordinates:- SD56758087
10Km square:- SD58
References : 2005: Diocese of Carlisle, Directory 2004/5

1Km square SD5680

photograph

All Saints Church -- Lupton -- Lupton -- Cumbria / -- 16.12.2005
photograph

All Saints Church -- Lupton -- Lupton -- Cumbria / -- 16.12.2005

old map:- Nurse 1918

Map, The Diocese of Carlisle, Cumberland, Westmorland, and Lancashire North of the Sands, now Cumbria, scale about 4 miles to 1 inch, by Rev Euston J Nurse, published by Charles Thurnam and Sons, 11 English Street, Carlisle, Cumberland, 1918 and 2nd edn 1939.
thumbnail NUR1SD58, button to large image
LUPTON
United benefice with Hutton Roof, one parish.
site name:- Kirkby Lonsdale Rural Deanery
site name:- Archdeaconry of Westmorland
site name:- Diocese of Carlisle
date:- 1939
period:- 1930s

database:- Listed Buildings 2010

Listed Buildings 2010

courtesy of English Heritage
CHURCH OF ST BARTHOLOMEW / / / LUPTON / SOUTH LAKELAND / CUMBRIA / II / 75695 / SD5674480876
courtesy of English Heritage
Church. 1867. Stone rubble with ashlar dressings and slate roofs. Nave, north vestry and chancel apse. Weathered base, cast iron gutters, coped gables. Sill cource to west, south and east. Round-headed windows have pair reveals. West end has 2 windows flanking weathered buttress and gabled bellcote with round opening on sill course and iron cross to gable. South gabled porch has double-chamfered round arched door and hood with stops. Gabled vestry has tall gable-end stack and round-headed window. East end has gable cross and apse with cornice and 3 windows. Cast iron rainwater heads. Interior: nave has deep arch braced collar trusses to roof. Plain octagonal font said to be c1686 from Kirkby Lonsdale parish church (RCHM). Painted commandment boards. Apse arch has stop-chamfered jambs, imposts and single chamfered arch; rood beam and rood. Apse has stencilled decoration and 2 stained glass windows; ashlared collar trusses.

placename:- St Bartholomew's Church
other name:- Church of St Bartholomew
district:- South Lakeland
listed building
coordinates:- SD56748087
date:- 2010
period:- 2010s

photographs
tiny photograph, 
button to large All Saints Church -- Lupton -- Lupton -- Cumbria / -- Church bell -- 7.5.2010

photographs
tiny photograph, 
button to large All Saints Church -- Lupton -- Lupton -- Cumbria / -- 16.12.2005 -- Wrought iron gravestones used by one local family, the earliest, middle marker:- -- 'IN LOVING MEMORY OF FANNY E. TALLON WHO DIED SEPTR. 3ND. 1895 AGED 33 YEARS' -- Other markers are for Arthur Tallon 1893-1985 and his wife Annie Elizabeth 1899-1986, for Annie Mason d.1924 age 26, and for John Tallon 1862-1958 and his wife Elizabeth 1875-1947.

button   ring of bells, Cockermouth
button   ring of bells, Orton
button   sundial, Bolton
button   sundial, Bolton (2)
button   sundial, Cockermouth (2)
button   sundial, Culgaith
button   sundial, Lupton
button   sundial, Renwick
button   sundial, Watermillock
button   war memorial, Allhallows
button   war memorial, Boltons
button   war memorial, Calthwaite
button   war memorial, Renwick
button   war memorial, Underbarrow
button   war memorial, Watermillock

Old Cumbria Gazetteer - JandMN: 2013

button to lakes menu  Lakes Guides menu.