button to main menu   Old Cumbria Gazetteer
placename:- Dearham Bridge Station
other name:- Dearham Station
site name:- Maryport and Carlisle Railway
parish Crosscanonby parish, once in Cumberland
county:- Cumbria
railway station; station
coordinates:- NY07043727
10Km square:- NY03
Opened as Dearham Station 1842; renamed Dearham Bridge 1867; closed 1950.

1Km square NY0737

source:- OS County Series (Cmd 45)

County Series maps of Great Britain, scales 6 and 25 inches to 1 mile, published by the Ordnance Survey, Southampton, Hampshire, from about 1863 to 1948.
Dearham Station

placename:- Dearham Station
date:- 1867=1868
period:- 19th century, late; 1860s

old map:- Garnett 1850s-60s H -- probably relevant

Map of the English Lakes, scale about 3.5 miles to 1 inch, published by John Garnett, Windermere, Westmorland, 1850s-60s.
thumbnail GAR2NY03, button to large image
dot by railway
date:- 1850=1869
period:- 19th century, late; 1850s; 1860s

hearsay Branch lines here served Lowther Pit, Lonsdale Pit, Nelson Pit on Broughton Moor, Bertha Pit, etc.

Old Cumbria Gazetteer - JandMN: 2013

button to lakes menu  Lakes Guides menu.