button to main menu   Old Cumbria Gazetteer
placename:- St James's Church
other name:- Arnside Church
locality:- Arnside
parish Arnside parish, once in Westmorland
county:- Cumbria
church
coordinates:- SD45837876
10Km square:- SD47
References : 2005: Diocese of Carlisle, Directory 2004/5

1Km square SD4578

photograph

St James's Church -- Arnside -- Arnside -- Cumbria / -- 8.2.2011
photograph

St James's Church -- Arnside -- Arnside -- Cumbria / -- 8.2.2011

old map:- Nurse 1918

Map, The Diocese of Carlisle, Cumberland, Westmorland, and Lancashire North of the Sands, now Cumbria, scale about 4 miles to 1 inch, by Rev Euston J Nurse, published by Charles Thurnam and Sons, 11 English Street, Carlisle, Cumberland, 1918 and 2nd edn 1939.
thumbnail NUR1SD47, button to large image
ARNSIDE
site name:- Kirkby Lonsdale Rural Deanery
site name:- Archdeaconry of Westmorland
site name:- Diocese of Carlisle
date:- 1939
period:- 1930s

incumbents:-
Stevens, William Rivell 1876
Law, Robert Hartley 1903
Fell, James & Fell o' Frisco 1910

photographs
tiny photograph, 
button to large St James's Church -- Arnside -- Arnside -- Cumbria / -- Stained glass; memorial to Christoher Pickering, vicar, died 1936. -- 8.2.2011
tiny photograph, 
button to large St James's Church -- Arnside -- Arnside -- Cumbria / -- Stained glass; Royal British Legion memorial window, 1990s. -- 8.2.2011

photographs
tiny photograph, 
button to large St James's Church -- Arnside -- Arnside -- Cumbria / -- Made by John Taylor and Co, Loughborough. -- 8.2.2011

photographs
tiny photograph, 
button to large St James's Church -- Arnside -- Arnside -- Cumbria / -- Organ. -- 8.2.2011
tiny photograph, 
button to large St James's Church -- Arnside -- Arnside -- Cumbria / -- Mothers Union banner. -- 8.2.2011
tiny photograph, 
button to large St James's Church -- Arnside -- Arnside -- Cumbria / -- 8.2.2011
tiny photograph, 
button to large St James's Church -- Arnside -- Arnside -- Cumbria / -- 2.8.2005

Consecrated 1866, architect Miles Thomson, Kendal. The church was at first a chapelry of Beetham, but became its own parish in 1876. Extended at the west end, 1884; north aisle added, 1905; south aisle added, with the Lady Chapel, 1914.
:: St James's Church, Arnside::: leaflet at church

button   ring of bells, Barrow-in-Furness
button   ring of bells, Burton-in-Kendal
button   ring of bells, Whitehaven
button   sundial, Burton-in-Kendal
button   sundial, Hutton-in-the-Forest
button   sundial, Temple Sowerby
button   sundial, Temple Sowerby (2)
button   war memorial, Burton-in-Kendal

Old Cumbria Gazetteer - JandMN: 2013

button to lakes menu  Lakes Guides menu.