button to main menu   Old Cumbria Gazetteer
placename:- St John's Church
other name:- Windermere Church
locality:- Windermere
parish Windermere parish, once in Westmorland
county:- Cumbria
building/s; church
coordinates:- SD409977
10Km square:- SD49

1Km square SD4097

photograph

St John's Church -- Windermere -- Windermere -- Cumbria / -- 7.10.2005

old map:- Nurse 1918

Map, The Diocese of Carlisle, Cumberland, Westmorland, and Lancashire North of the Sands, now Cumbria, scale about 4 miles to 1 inch, by Rev Euston J Nurse, published by Charles Thurnam and Sons, 11 English Street, Carlisle, Cumberland, 1918 and 2nd edn 1939.
thumbnail NUR1SD49, button to large image
W. ST. JOHN'S
site name:- Ambleside Rural Deanery
site name:- Archdeaconry of Westmorland
site name:- Diocese of Carlisle
date:- 1939
period:- 1930s

hearsay Built 1887, first vicar John Miles Moss dd.1937. Now a housing project, 15 homes, conversion by Workington and Carlisle Diocesan Housing, 2000.

button   cross, Waberthwaite
button   ring of bells, Cleator Moor
button   ring of bells, Flookburgh
button   ring of bells, Hensingham
button   ring of bells, Skirwith
button   sundial, Corney (2)
button   sundial, Hutton Roof
button   sundial, Kirkby Stephen
button   sundial, Newton Arlosh
button   sundial, Newton Reigny
button   sundial, St John's in the Vale
button   sundial, Ulpha
button   sundial, Waberthwaite
button   war memorial, Bassenthwaite
button   war memorial, Blackford
button   war memorial, Grayrigg
button   war memorial, Houghton
button   war memorial, Hutton Roof
button   war memorial, Levens
button   war memorial, Melmerby
button   war memorial, Plumpton
button   war memorial, Skelsmergh
button   war memorial, St John's in the Vale

Old Cumbria Gazetteer - JandMN: 2013

button to lakes menu  Lakes Guides menu.