button to main menu   Old Cumbria Gazetteer
placename:- St Luke's Church
other name:- Haverigg Church
locality:- Haverigg
parish Millom parish, once in Cumberland
county:- Cumbria
coordinates:- SD15777867
10Km square:- SD17
References : 2005: Diocese of Carlisle, Directory 2004/5

1Km square SD1578


St Luke's Church -- Haverigg -- Millom -- Cumbria / -- 1.10.2007

old map:- Nurse 1918

Map, The Diocese of Carlisle, Cumberland, Westmorland, and Lancashire North of the Sands, now Cumbria, scale about 4 miles to 1 inch, by Rev Euston J Nurse, published by Charles Thurnam and Sons, 11 English Street, Carlisle, Cumberland, 1918 and 2nd edn 1939.
thumbnail NUR1SD17, button to large image
site name:- Gosforth Rural Deanery
site name:- Archdeaconry of Furness
site name:- Diocese of Carlisle
date:- 1939
period:- 1930s

tiny photograph, 
button to large St Luke's Church -- Haverigg -- Millom -- Cumbria / -- 1.10.2007

hearsay Built 1891; vestry extended 1906; unsafe bellcote removed 1954 and the beel mounted at ground level; butresses added on west 1974.

button   ring of bells, Lowick
button   sundial, Lowick
button   war memorial, Lowick

Old Cumbria Gazetteer - JandMN: 2013

button to lakes menu  Lakes Guides menu.