|place:-||ring of bells, Edenhall|
|site name:-||St Cuthbert's Church|
Langwathby parish, once in
|ring of bells|
|May not be hung for bellringing.|
ring of bells, Edenhall -- St Cuthbert's Church -- Edenhall -- Langwathby -- Cumbria / -- bell ropes and sallies. -- 25.7.2009
ring of bells, Edenhall -- St Cuthbert's Church -- Edenhall -- Langwathby -- Cumbria / -- Three old clappers on the stairs. -- 25.7.2009
number of bells: 3
Tenor cast about 1380-1420; decorated with the Stapleton coat of arms; inscribed:-
[SANCTI CAMPANA CUTHBERTI]
Treble? probably cast by William Seller, York, for Sir Philip Musgrave, 1655; decorated with a cross patee and reversed letters X, X, R, and V; inscribed:-
[Sir P.M. 1655 - W.S.]
3? brought to this church from Edenhall Chapel, 1821.
The bells were rehung in 1916.
: 2007 (edn): St Cuthbert's Church Edenhall::: leaflet available in church
|Old Cumbria Gazetteer - JandMN: 2013|