button to main menu   Old Cumbria Gazetteer
place:- chapel, Wigton
locality:- Wigton
parish Wigton parish, once in Cumberland
county:- Cumbria
chapel; church
coordinates:- NY25634832
10Km square:- NY24
References Listed Buildings 2010

1Km square NY2548

database:- Listed Buildings 2010

Listed Buildings 2010

courtesy of English Heritage
UNITED REFORM CHURCH AND ADJOINING MANSE / / WATER STREET / WIGTON / ALLERDALE / CUMBRIA / II / 72051 / NY2563448320
courtesy of English Heritage
Church and manse. Dated on inscription near entrance. THIS CHURCH WAS OPENED FOR PUBLIC WORSHIP OCTOBER 8TH 1834. Snecked red sandstone ashlar with string courses on chamfered plinth. Graduated slate roof. 2 storeys, 5 bays with cellar. Steps up to south panelled doors under glazed fanlight in pilastered surround with console bracketed cornice. Lead-paned flat-headed ground floor windows with round-headed windows above. Similar lead-paned windows to sides. No interior features of interest. Manse adjoining to rear has cement rendered walls under Welsh slate roof. C20 door under radial fanlight in painted surround with false keystone. Sash windows with glazing bars over painted stone sills.
district:- Allerdale
listed building
coordinates:- NY25634832
date:- 2010
period:- 2010s

Old Cumbria Gazetteer - JandMN: 2013

button to lakes menu  Lakes Guides menu.