|Canal Head, Kendal|
|site name:-||Lancaster Canal|
|civil parish:-||Kendal (formerly Westmorland)|
|locality type:-||canal wharf|
|SummaryText:-||Two roads, Canal Head South and Canal Head North, lie either side where a basin extended at right angles to the canal end.|
|evidence:-||old map:- OS County Series (Wmd 38 8)
placename:- Canal Basin
placename:- Aynam Wharves
|source data:-||Maps, County Series maps of Great Britain, scales 6 and 25
inches to 1 mile, published by the Ordnance Survey, Southampton,
Hampshire, from about 1863 to 1948.
"CANAL BASIN / Aynam Wharves (Coal) / Coal Yards"
|evidence:-||old map:- Otley 1818
|source data:-||Map, uncoloured engraving, The District of the Lakes,
Cumberland, Westmorland, and Lancashire, scale about 4 miles to
1 inch, by Jonathan Otley, 1818, engraved by J and G Menzies,
Edinburgh, Scotland, published by Jonathan Otley, Keswick,
Cumberland, et al, 1833.
item:- JandMN : 48.1
Image © see bottom of page