button to main menu   Old Cumbria Gazetteer
placename:- Stainton Chapel
other name:- United Reformed Church
parish Stainton parish, once in Westmorland
county:- Cumbria
chapel
coordinates:- SD52598597
10Km square:- SD58
References Listed Buildings 2010

1Km square SD5285

photograph

Stainton Chapel -- Stainton -- Cumbria / -- 7.6.2013

database:- Listed Buildings 2010

Listed Buildings 2010

courtesy of English Heritage
UNITED REFORMED CHURCH / / / STAINTON / SOUTH LAKELAND / CUMBRIA / II / 76537 / SD5259585973
courtesy of English Heritage
Independent Chapel now United Reformed Church. C17 with C19 refurbishment and extension to right. Roughcast render over rubble; graduated greenslate roof with slate ridge. Single storey, extension to right 2 storeys; built into slope. 6-panelled C19 door with moulded architrave, 3 windows to left, one to right all C19 casements; leaded lights in right-hand window. Door to lower floor to right. Interior has 4-bay roof with Queen strut trusses, ridge piece, morticed joint at apex and 2 levels of trenched purlins; fragment of pew from original Church bearing date 1695 ID ED; other furnishings C19.

placename:- United Reformed Church
district:- South Lakeland
listed building
coordinates:- SD52598597
date:- 2010
period:- 2010s

Old Cumbria Gazetteer - JandMN: 2013

button to lakes menu  Lakes Guides menu.